Hi guys, I have been searching the web a bit without success, perhaps I'm using the wrong keywords.

Anywho, I'm looking for a way to monitor how many bytes are uploaded/downloaded from the computer, weather trough the winAPI or whatever, I would really appreciate any help on this :)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

if you'd actually done some research you'd have found tons of information.
You might not have found anything you can understand at your level of proficiency, but the information is there.

Guys, i don't mean to be rude, but I think you misunderstood.
I don't need a monitoring program, I need to know if I can do it with a java class, or trough the winAPI or whatever, I need the ability to monitor pc bandwidth usage within an application I'm writing, unfortunately, I have very little experience with java. But since C++ have no standard libraries for this kind thing...

Also: jwenting, relax? I've searched, an I've searched plenty, like I said perhaps I don't know the right keywords. If there is plenty of information, please give me a link that's all I ask.

You can do it with a Java class, or any other programming language for that matter. I don't know how to do it. I did, however, find this link of a program that monitors network usage that was written in Java... the source code is available, so it might be useful to you.

http://www.crazysquirrel.com/computing/software/bwu.jspx

Thank you very much, I'll look into it immediately :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.