i just installed c++3.0 in XP downloaded from internet . But when i run very simple COUT<<"hello" code it doest produce out put. As i compile and run with out error but no output i can see. I have LCD is there any problem even i chaged the LCD and checked on monitor but the same. Did i install it wrongly or other problem plz help me coz i m just new to this.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Place a cin.get(); just before your return 0; (at the end of main()).

Also by C++3.0 I think you mean: Turbo C++3.0? Don't use that crap anymore, it's been outdated for the last 10 years now. If you're going to start programming, please use code::blocks with the minGW compiler. It's up-to-date, compliant with C++ standards, free and easy to use. No excuse to use Turbo (not even if you're from India or the Philippines)

Place a cin.get(); just before your return 0; (at the end of main()).

Also by C++3.0 I think you mean: Turbo C++3.0? Don't use that crap anymore, it's been outdated for the last 10 years now. If you're going to start programming, please use code::blocks with the minGW compiler. It's up-to-date, compliant with C++ standards, free and easy to use. No excuse to use Turbo (not even if you're from India or the Philippines)

Pls advise as i dont have knowlege and iwant to start programming in C plz suggest me the exact and lattest and procedure for that.

Read my previous post and download code::blocks.

Then try this:

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main() {
    cout << "hello world!";
    cin.get(); // keep the console window open
}

Then go here and follow the tutorials

Read my previous post and download code::blocks.

Then try this:

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main() {
    cout << "hello world!";
    cin.get(); // keep the console window open
}

Then go here and follow the tutorials

Well cin.get() worked even i did n't dowlad code yet. Pls suggest or give me some info. as i have 7 years of SAP PM and Maximo experience no i want to go in system programming using c or C++ plz suggest me the best way to start and the lattest version. I 'd b really gratefull

Pls suggest or give me some info. as i have 7 years of SAP PM and Maximo experience no i want to go in system programming using c or C++ plz suggest me the best way to start and the lattest version. I 'd b really gratefull

Did you actually read any of my other posts? I gave you advice how to start, what more do you want?

Are you a student?
Lecturers tend to use TC, for some unknown strange reasons.
Here are IDEs I suggest

Visual Studio Express
Code::Blocks
Kdevelop
wxDevCpp
Codelite

They are not in order of aanything ;)
Just pick what you want, and will do a job

Here are IDEs I suggest

You should probably mention that most of those don't come with a compiler and are not useful for the OP. Which is why I recommended code::block with the mingw compiler (bundled). Easy to install/use and in 5 minutes from download to working installed version.

You should probably mention that most of those don't come with a compiler and are not useful for the OP. Which is why I recommended code::block with the mingw compiler (bundled). Easy to install/use and in 5 minutes from download to working installed version.

wxDevCpp | C::B | Codelite | MVC Express
All comes/have compilers version don't they?

wxDevCpp and Kdevelop don't as far as I know.

wxDevCpp and Kdevelop don't as far as I know.

wxDevCPP is just an extension of DevCPP which came with MingW. According to their website (on the FAQ page):

"We use the MingW compiler that comes with Dev-C++."

Which would seem to indicate that they are shipping with a rather old version of MingW as DevC++ hasn't been updated in years.

KDevelop seems to only have packages for Linux/Solaris in the downloads directory. They claim to have a Windows version, but I wasn't able to find one. (Maybe I just didn't look hard enough.)

Are you a student?
Lecturers tend to use TC, for some unknown strange reasons.
Here are IDEs I suggest

Visual Studio Express
Code::Blocks
Kdevelop
wxDevCpp
Codelite

They are not in order of aanything ;)
Just pick what you want, and will do a job

I m not student i m just starting systems developments. Software to control hard ware and micro control etc. I have soem ideas to develop thats y i need to be expert in C.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.