i need help with my assignment...i'm so new with this c++ programming...i only know how to do up to division only for this question... and for question two,i really have no idea how to start...can someone help me out and try to make me understand how the code will works...i really need some help...

QUESTION 1

Write a calculator program that allows the user to select which operation they would like to perform such as:
•Addition
•Subtraction
•Multiplication
•Division
•Modulus
•Square (x2)
•Square root ( )
•Convert Celsius to Fahrenheit (Fahrenheit = 1.8 Celsius +32)
•Convert Celsius to Kelvin (add 273.15 °)
•Convert Fahrenheit to Celsius (Celsius = (F-32) x (5/9))
•Convert Fahrenheit to Kelvin (Kelvin = 5/9 x (Fahrenheit - 32) + 273)

Make sure your program contains menu and will keep on looping until the user enter a specific value to end it. Please use Functions to do the calculation. You might want to use switch for the menu.

Question 2

A parking garage charges a RM2.00 minimum fee to park for up to three hours. The garage charges an additional RM0.50 per hour for each hour or part thereof in excess of three hours. The maximum charge for any given 24 hour period is RM10.00. Assume that no car parks for longer than 24 hours at a time. Write a program that will calculate and print the parking charges for each of 3 customers who parked their cars in this garage yesterday. You should enter the hours parked for each customer. Your program should print the results in a neat tabular format and should calculate and print the total of yesterday’s receipts. The program should use FUNCTION to determine the charge for each customer.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

thanks a lot....

anyone has an example code for this question...or anthing related...
please paste it here..it will help me a lot..thanks in advanced....

Of course it will help you a lot. You won't have to do it yourself. But that's not how the Forums work. Remember the Rules you read when you signed up?

1) Start by programming 1 simple piece of the project -- Menu and Input. When you have the menu and input tested and working...
2) Add a function to add the input. When you have Add tested and working...
3) Add a function to subtract the input....
Go right down the line adding and testing all the functions. You'll have part one done in no time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.