I am going to come right out front and say I am in computer science class and we are working on java code and I am needing help.

I keep getting an error message that reads:

ComputeChange.java:4: class, interface , or enum expected java.swing

I understand that it is telling me that the ComputeChange programm has a problem but I do not see it can someone help please.
Here is the code I have writen be nice LOL.

// ComputeChange.java: 
// Break down an amount into smaller units import

javax.swing. 

public class ComputeChange 

{ 

public static void main(String[] args) 

{
     double amount; // Amount entered from the keyboard 
               // Receive the amount entered from the keyboard 

String amountString = JOptionPane.showInputDialog(null, "Enter an amount in double, for example 11.56", "Example 2.4 Input", 
                  JOptionPane.QUESTION_MESSAGE); // Convert string to double amount = Double.parseDouble(amountString); 

int remainingAmount = (int)(amount * 100); // Find the number of one dollars int numOfOneDollars = remainingAmount / 100; 
            remainingAmount = remainingAmount % 100// Find the number of quarters in the remaining amount int numOfQuarters = remainingAmount / 25; 
            remainingAmount = remainingAmount % 25 // Find the number of dimes in the remaining amount int numOfDimes = remainingAmount / 10; 
            remainingAmount = remainingAmount % 10;// Find the number of nickels in the remaining amount int numOfNickels = remainingAmount / 5; 
            remainingAmount = remainingAmount % 5; // Find the number of pennies in the remaining amount int numOfPennies = remainingAmount; 

// Display results String output = "Your amount " + amount + " consists of \n" + numOfOneDollars + " dollars\n" + numOfQuarters + " quarters\n" + numOfDimes + " dimes\n" + numOfNickels + " nickel\n" + numOfPennies + " pennies"; 

JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, output, "Example 2.4 Output", JOptionPane.INFORMATION_MESSAGE); 

System.exit(0); 

}//end main

}//end class ComputeChange

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I think

javax.swing.

should be

javax.swing.*;
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.