how can i find the first word in my sentence having 'w' character. This character can be present anywhere in my word. Lets take an example of sentence "Hi, what are you doing here abxwxyz?
So the result should be what.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I am assuming you mean the first word that starts with 'w'.

If its a structural sentence, then find the first 'w' Then check if the character before it is a space. If so then its what you are looking for. Be sure to watch out, if w is found at index 0. Then thats your answer.

Read each word. Search for 'w' in the word. Pretty simple.

hi altp,

thanks for the hint. but i am new to C++. i dnt know how to read a sentence in words.
shall i use vector?

thanks!

If you know vectors, you certainly know how to read a string. If not, maybe you need to read your text about strings and input.

i got an idea about vector from searching google.
i know how to read a string, but what i know is reading char by char that will not solve a problem.
because then i can find w but how will i extract the word haing w.
please help and correct if my approach is wrong.

If you know vectors, you certainly know how to read a string. If not, maybe you need to read your text about strings and input.

Did you read about strings like I mentioned? What else can I do for you. Write it myself, maybe?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.