i need to write a program that determines whether a meeting room is in violation of fire law regulations regarding the maximum room capacity and the number of people to attend the meeting. if the number of people is less than or equal to the maximum capacity, the program announces that the meeting cannot be held as planned due to fire regulations and tells how many people must be excluded on order to meet the fire regulations... please help me

#include<iostream.h>
#include<conio.h>

main(){
clrscr();
int a,b,c,d;

cout<<"Enter Room Capacity: "<<endl;
cin>>a;
cout<<"Enter number of People: "<<endl;
cin>>b;

cout<<endl;
if(b<=a){
cout<<"Cannot be held due to fire regulations."<<endl;
}

// i dont know what to do next here... i hate my instructor T_T 

getch();
return 0;
}

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think you need to double-check the assignment. If the people present is less than the capacity, there should be no issue

// i dont know what to do next here... i hate my instructor T_T

This is completely immature. This is not an issue with your instructor. This is you being lazy. If there are too many people in the room, how many too many are there? It's simple subtraction. If you can't figure that out, drop your programming class and go back to math 101...

I think you need to double-check the assignment. If the people present is less than the capacity, there should be no issue

This is completely immature. This is not an issue with your instructor. This is you being lazy. If there are too many people in the room, how many too many are there? It's simple subtraction. If you can't figure that out, drop your programming class and go back to math 101...

dont be like that... i want to learn programming T_T

@Fbody: thanks! you give me an idea! :D done!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.