I'm doing an assignment for my AI class and while trying to compile the sample code from this weeks chapters I get the 2 following errors.

I'm certain I've tackled this before in my 3d programming class, but that was almost a year ago and I'm drawing a blank here.

Just an FYI we're using DirectX in our code (I've already d/l the SDK and added it to the project).

1: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\..\VC98\Lib\COMCTL32.LIB'

2: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\..\VC98\Lib\USER32.LIB'

Now if I delete those files from my project and just do an include <commctrl.h> the project compiles and runs but I'm almost certain they are in my project for a reason and would rather find out what it is I'm overlooking.

I originally thought they came with the DirectX SDK but nope, so now I'm d/ling the Windows 7 SDK to see if that fixes my issue.

So my question is, what am I missing or not doing to get it to compile correctly?

Those are linker errors. You need to go into your project settings and make sure you are linking to COMCTL32.LIB and USER32.LIB.

Dave

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.