I have an Employee form that displays data about the employee, on that form I have a button that launches an Employee Job form that shows data about the employee job.

My question is how do I show the relevant data on the Employee Jobs form when I click the Button on the Employee form? (e.g. Employee John is on the employee forms when I click the Employee Jobs Button I want to see details relevant to John)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

>how do I show the relevant data on the Employee Jobs form when I click the Button on the Employee form?

I presume that the table EmployeeJOB has a referential integrity constrained (just say employeecode or id or something like this) column so you can write select statement. For example,

str="SELECT * from EmployeeJOB where ID=" & empID.Text

>how do I show the relevant data on the Employee Jobs form when I click the Button on the Employee form?

I presume that the table EmployeeJOB has a referential integrity constrained (just say employeecode or id or something like this) column so you can write select statement. For example,

str="SELECT * from EmployeeJOB where ID=" & empID.Text

The relationship is: Employee-->EmployeeJob-->Job. On the Employee form I have a button that displays the EmployeeJob form that displays the Job that the employee has. On the EmployeeJob Form I have a master-detail with the employee and the job but it only shows the JobTitle, Org Unit and Effective Date. I have a button on the EmployeeJob Form that displays the JobDetails.

So when I click the the button on the Employee form to show the EmployeeJob it shows only the first record in the dataset.

I have tried Find and Select but I don't think I am using them correctly because the data shown on the EmployeeForm still shows only the first record in the dataset.

Thank you for replying and my apologies if my original problem description left out too many details.

I have an Employee Form. On the Employee Form I have a button that launches the Employee Jobs form. When I click the button the Employee Jobs form loads with the first record in the dataset. How do I launch the Employee Jobs form with data related to the Employee Form.

Please Help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.