In which path gcc resides in IBM AIX.Due to some change change in my .profile the path variable got changed now i am not able to get the path of gcc.

please help me

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

just cd to root and issue find command

the "find" command can spill out a lot of garbage when searching from root if he doesnt have su permission. makes it difficult to find what you're looking for. you can suppress the warnings, tho i forget exactly how. you can man find for details.

but have you checked the usual suspects?

/usr/bin
/usr/sbin
/usr/local/bin
/usr/local/sbin

your $PATH variable should include these locations, at least.

the real problem here is that you need to fix your .profile so it doesnt screw up your environment variables. a sys admin, or even an experienced user, should be able to help you quicker than we will.

the "find" command can spill out a lot of garbage when searching from root if he doesnt have su permission. makes it difficult to find what you're looking for. you can suppress the warnings, tho i forget exactly how. you can man find for details.

but have you checked the usual suspects?

/usr/bin
/usr/sbin
/usr/local/bin
/usr/local/sbin

your $PATH variable should include these locations, at least.

the real problem here is that you need to fix your .profile so it doesnt screw up your environment variables. a sys admin, or even an experienced user, should be able to help you quicker than we will.

i only want to know the default path of GCC on AIX.if one knows exactly then that would be a great help.

i was able to run gcc command before some days but now i am not.

and find command is not the actual solution to find the path.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.