Okay just so you all are aware before reading this, yes this is a homework assignment. No I have no code for it yet and no I don't want you all to solve it for me.

Now the reason I'm asking for this kind of help is because I'm in a class and this weeks assignment assumes we've (the students) have already worked on compiler and interpreter design prior to this, which I haven't yet. So with that knowledge there is a chance I may need to drop the class because of this (which may be the best idea, but I'd like to avoid it, especially since I'm already half way through the class).

So anyway here is the assignment:

"Convert script language to a series of commands.

Script code:

begin
      move(left, speed_up,2) -- turn left, go faster for 2 notches
      turnon(vector) -- display vector lines
     run(3) -- let game run for 3 seconds

end

There are more function but that's irrelevant for my question.

How would I turn this script into commands that VS C++ can understand??

we've (the students) have already worked on compiler and interpreter design prior to this, which I haven't yet. So with that knowledge there is a chance I may need to drop the class because of this

I'm surprised your university even let you register for that class without the prerequisits.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.