Hi everyone,

I am trying to add html tables to a html document and the html table appears but here is the problem in that only certain attributes of the table is being adhered to and the rest ignored. This is what i am doing

String table = "<table width="80%" height="80%" cellspacing="200" cellpadding="10" border="20" bordercolor="#ff0033" bgcolor="#33ff33">
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</table>";

Element ele = doc.getParagraphElement(Pane1.getCaretPosition());

try
{
doc.insertAfterEnd(ele, table);
}

catch(Exception e)
{
e.printStackTrace();
}

Please note that Pane1 is an instance of the JTextPane class and doc is an instance of the HTMLDocument class which uses the default HTMLEditorKit class.

The table appears in the document but only cell padding, background color and table width options if varied produces the appropriate changes to the table that is being inserted.

The rest of the options such as borderwidth, bordercolor cell spacing and table height don't have any differences even when they are varied. They always remain the same.

Basically i need to know if i am inserting the html table correctly into the HTMLDocument or is there something that i need to do which i am not doing in the above code.

I am using the java sdk 1.4.2

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank You

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

check the valid attributes for a table in the version of JTextPane you are using.

the html that works in JTextPane is not exactly the same as in IE.

Hi everyone,

The version of the htm that the JTextPane supports is

Here is the new value for the table string as i forgot to add the escape characters

String table = "<table width=\"80%\" height=\"80%\" cellspacing=\"200\" 
                   cellpadding=\"10\" border=\"20\" bordercolor=\"#ff0033\" 
                   bgcolor=\"#33ff33\"><tr><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;
                   </td></tr><tr><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;
                   </td></tr><tr><td>&nbsp;
                   </td><td>&nbsp;</td></tr></table>";

The thing is that the problem still persisits, i do not know why

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank You

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.