hye there..,i am using Visual Studio 2008 and VB.NET 2008 and SQL Server 2005 as the database. I just finished designing & writing codes for a customer's contract information and , however after it has been connected to the database only one of the datetimepicker can be click, (i put 2 datetimepickers to find date interval) and the rest of the function including in the form are not working! it seems that the form stuck and NOT responding. i cant even close the form using the X button, so i have to stop the process using compiler (visual studio 2008), however if i press the 'Delete' button before the 'Add' button, it will successfully delete the data.. but if i disconnected the form from the database, (disabled the form_load codes [put 'quote']) the both of datetimepicker will work and able to view the date interval (after pressing the 'Calculate Period' button) in addition how to make it appear automatically in screen without using the button? below are the code, I try to make some other form.. but it is still the same .if possible, can u show me the right code to make it works??:sad:

Imports System.Data.SqlClient
Imports System
Imports System.Data
Imports System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView

Public Class Cust_info
    Dim SqlConnection As New SqlClient.SqlConnection
    Dim monthsTotal As Integer

Private Sub Form3_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Dim SqlConnection As New SqlClient.SqlConnection
        SqlConnection.ConnectionString = "Data Source=ADDYADNAN-PC\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=CBTS;Integrated Security=True"
        'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'CBTSDataSet.customer_info' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
        Me.Customer_infoTableAdapter.Fill(Me.CBTSDataSet.customer_info)
        Me.BringToFront()
        Me.Show()
        c_Id_Text.Enabled = False
        c_Name_Text.Enabled = False
        DateTimePickerStart.Enabled = False
        DateTimePickerEnd.Enabled = False
        con_amnt.Enabled = False
        con_period.Enabled = False
        payMethod.Enabled = False

End Sub

Private Sub AddCustBtn_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles AddCustBtn.Click
        Me.CustomerinfoBindingSource.AddNew()

c_Id_Text.Enabled = True
        c_Name_Text.Enabled = True
        DateTimePickerStart.Enabled = True
        DateTimePickerEnd.Enabled = True
        con_amnt.Enabled = True
        con_period.Enabled = True
        payMethod.Enabled = True
    End Sub
    Private Sub delCustInfo_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles delCustInfo.Click
        Me.CustomerinfoBindingSource.RemoveCurrent()

c_Id_Text.Enabled = True
        c_Name_Text.Enabled = True
        DateTimePickerStart.Enabled = True
        DateTimePickerEnd.Enabled = True
        con_amnt.Enabled = True
        con_period.Enabled = True
        payMethod.Enabled = True
    End Sub

Private Sub reset1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles reset1.Click
        c_Id_Text.Clear()
        c_Name_Text.Clear()
        DateTimePickerStart.ResetText()
        DateTimePickerEnd.ResetText()
        con_amnt.Clear()
        con_period.Clear()
        Pay_method.ResetText()

End Sub

Private Sub ExitCustInfo_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ExitCustInfo.Click
        ExitDialog.BringToFront()
        ExitDialog.Activate()
        ExitDialog.Show()
    End Sub

Private Sub back2menu_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles back2menu.Click
        Me.Hide()
        FrontPage.BringToFront()
        FrontPage.Activate()
        FrontPage.Show()
    End Sub
    Private Sub DataGridView1_CellContentClick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCellEventArgs)

End Sub

Private Sub DateTimePickerStart_ValueChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles DateTimePickerStart.ValueChanged

End Sub
    Private Sub DateTimePickerEnd_ValueChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles DateTimePickerEnd.ValueChanged

End Sub

Private Sub ButCalc_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ButCalc.Click
        Dim Con_Start1 As Date = DateTimePickerStart.Value
        Dim con_end1 As Date = DateTimePickerEnd.Value

monthsTotal = DateDiff(DateInterval.Month, Con_Start1, con_end1)

Me.con_period.Text = monthsTotal

End Sub

Private Sub c_Id_Text_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles c_Id_Text.TextChanged

End Sub

Private Sub c_Name_Text_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles c_Name_Text.TextChanged

End Sub

Private Sub con_amnt_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles con_amnt.TextChanged

End Sub

Private Sub con_period_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles con_period.TextChanged

End Sub

Private Sub Pay_method_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Pay_method.SelectedIndexChanged

End Sub

Private Sub DataGridView1_CellContentClick_1(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCellEventArgs) Handles DataGridView1.CellContentClick

End Sub

Private Sub DateTimePicker2_ValueChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles DateTimePickerEnd.ValueChanged

End Sub

Private Sub updateBtn_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles updateBtn.Click
        Me.Validate()
        Me.CustomerinfoBindingSource.EndEdit()
        Me.Customer_infoTableAdapter.Update(Me.CBTSDataSet.customer_info)
        MessageBox.Show("Data has been Updated")
    End Sub
End Class

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

:'( somebody told me that it might relate with loop process. but i dont exactly understand what does he mean... since i'm a newbie...he said that sort of thing is that I have entered an endless loop(what does it mean by endless loop?) but i dont know which part of this code that I should alter..please help me.... :'(

>the DateTimePicker stuck my form

Sorry, I'm not quite following the problem. Can you point out where you got problems while running a code?

>the DateTimePicker stuck my form

Sorry, I'm not quite following the problem. Can you point out where you got problems while running a code?

:D ok, let simplify the words, while I run the codes, no errors appear..but when I tried to insert/update the data, the form will stuck/hang..every button cannot be used even the close button...as u can see from the code above both datetimepicker use to find the datediff.it use to define the contract period in months.. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.