hi,

i know tat enter and f1 keys can be pressed programmatically using "SendKeys" function. but now i just want to know whether it is possible to press the alphabet 'S' in the keyboard programmatically.

Expecting reply.

thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

thanks for replying..

but that doesnt work.

any other ideas?

I think you will need to supply some more information about what you are doing and perhaps a code snippet of what is going wrong would help.

im doing a project to automate a process. is about downloading, when i automate the button click programmatically (Download button) it opens a dialog box asking whether to open,save or cancel. i need to give input from the keyboard or mouse click. since to automate that im trying using

SendKeys.Send("s");

to automatically cstrikes tha save button in that dialog box..

im clear now i think.

pls do help.

Are you sure 's' is the correct key, normally 'Enter' is the default accept for a dialogue or 'Ctrl'+'S' in general.

no sir,

the default accept for that dialog box is 'CANCEL'. so only i ve tried like this. but no hopes.

help.

Try holding down alt and see what keys show up underlined eg Alt+S

its showing S for Save and O for open and CANCEL is the default one.

how to strike that.

I think according to MS you do this SendKeys("%s") .

sorry sir it also doesnt work.. is there any other way to automate saving the file.

if so pls guide me ill try it.

As I don't know what program you are trying to affect I don't really know any more than I have already said.

i dont know why its not functioning for me... even i ve tried in a sample application like this.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace sendke
{
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }

private void radioButton1_CheckedChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            MessageBox.Show("hi");
            SendKeys.Send("{Enter}");
        }
    }
}

but this too is not working.. need help. pls..

Ever tried to implement the KeyDown event of the Dialog?
It gives you a KeyEventArgs argument with which you can test the key that was pressed. You can then act accordingly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.