Hi all,

I would like my program to be able to search for a string using Google and then use the number of results. I'm not sure what exactly this will entail in I/O terms so I guess I'll leave it at that and see what you guys have to say. I'd like to keep the way I, as a programmer, interact with the web component, so if this could be done through existing C++ code or libraries I could find somewhere, that would be ideal. All I need are the two functions above: Googling a string and getting the number of results.

Not sure exactly how to phrase or where to direct this query because I'm new to this particular area of programming.

Thanks for any and all help!

- Luke

Solved. Just to follow up for those who want to do similar things - libcURL is working like a charm.

Hi all,

I would like my program to be able to search for a string using Google and then use the number of results. I'm not sure what exactly this will entail in I/O terms so I guess I'll leave it at that and see what you guys have to say. I'd like to keep the way I, as a programmer, interact with the web component, so if this could be done through existing C++ code or libraries I could find somewhere, that would be ideal. All I need are the two functions above: Googling a string and getting the number of results.

Not sure exactly how to phrase or where to direct this query because I'm new to this particular area of programming.

Thanks for any and all help!

- Luke

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.