hello all,

pls have some patience to read this and help me.

Im a student and doing a project using CSharp. Im doing an automation process. For which i ve to login to a website click some links and then download files from there. I cant download all the files there. The downloading also done with some conditions. so i need to get the details from the website and store in a database table. And then i need to perform operations something like ,

if (table2 3rd column element equals table3 3rd column element)
then download a particular file from the web page

Till now i can navigate, login, perform clicks and then i can extract the table datas from the web page which is need to be stored in sql database table. I ve presently keeping the extracted data from web page in a text files. can i transfer the data in text file to sql to be in table format not as a whole textfile.

or else is there any way to store directly the extracted content in sql?

am i going in a right direction?

if not means pls guide me..

thanks..

can i transfer the data in text file to sql to be in table format not as a whole textfile.

That depends on how you need to access the data afterward. You could shove the entire text blob into a database table as one column, or, if you've split out the extracted data into fields (like name, address, phone number, etc.), you could set up a database table with columns for each of those fields, then insert a row containing that data.

Usually, it's better up front to parse and cleanup the data you've extracted, separate into fields, and then setup a table that holds that data. Makes the "downstream" process of using the extracted data easier.

Does that help?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.