I need to change my project to a program that can be installed,please send me instructions on how to accomplish this,and I am having a problem copying my system to other pc's. It works fine on my pc,but when I copy to another pc,it only allows me to login and navigate,when I try to save,edit or delete,I get an error "operation must use an updateable query". I don't understand what it means by that,please help on both fronts? Very much appreciated!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can create programs that can be installed by using setup creator in your visual studio.
About your other problem am still working on it, can you please try to elaborate more on it

You can create programs that can be installed by using setup creator in your visual studio.
About your other problem am still working on it, can you please try to elaborate more on it

OK m,I created an application that uses an access database to store and edit information.Since I want this application to work everywhere,I put the database in the C drive so that the connection string ends up as "C:/database_name". This connection string works just fine,considering I can login to the system,and the datagridviews I used show the data in the tables. The problem is when I try to do anything at all to one of these tables; save,delete or edit. I get that error I wrote above; "must use an updateable query".I have used an sql save query(insert into table) for this and I have tried changing by updating the dataset,it does not budge. It only happens once I change computers,so I really do not get what the error is,nothing gets highlighted either,I could have at least worked from that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.