So my goal for a project of mine, is to output the values of variables into their respected locations in PDF file. Where would I need to look to get started on this? Are there any library's anyone would recommend?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

There are two versions of PDF: the old proprietary format and the newer XML based format. If you do not support the old format, and have the balls to do it manually, any XML library will work. Otherwise, LibHaru might be a start.

Ed has not worked with PDF in C++ though, so any solid recommendations will not be forthcoming. ;)

There are two versions of PDF: the old proprietary format and the newer XML based format. If you do not support the old format, and have the balls to do it manually, any XML library will work. Otherwise, LibHaru might be a start.

Ed has not worked with PDF in C++ though, so any solid recommendations will not be forthcoming. ;)

Yeah, I saw LibHaru but its a bit cryptic but that is any lib i suppose. hmmmmm, what would be a possible K.I.S.S. solution to this, or is there really no simple solution?

PDF is not a simple format. Unless there is a way to code for a simple subset that does what you want, there is probably not a simple solution. The simplest would be using a library, but that still means learning a new interface.

PDF is not a simple format. Unless there is a way to code for a simple subset that does what you want, there is probably not a simple solution. The simplest would be using a library, but that still means learning a new interface.

Thanks for the info. It's kind of funny how PDF has become one of the standard file types but yet it's still very convoluted. I guess it is the nature of the beast. Thanks again Radical Edward

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.