I am working on a windows based project with WCF component. i have 2 problems with it currently.

1. I get an error saying "Could not find end point element with the name xxx and contract yyy are in ServiceModel client configuration section. this might be because no configuration file was found for your application, or no end point element by the name could be found in the client element. ". Why does this happen? how can i fix it?

2. Can anyone please tell me how to host a WCF service in IIS, which uses desktop applications at the server end and at the client end?

TIA

The first error generally means you renamed the service in the code, but didn't update it in the config file.

You will need to correct the configuration file or create a new endpoint in the service configuration. If you don't know how to do this, I suggest you Google and get prepared for a whole mind**** of information about WCF. It is not tame ;)

You can host in IIS as you would any other DLL type application. The easiest method though is to host it in a Windows Service or your own executable as this doesn't require you to install or configure IIS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.