I use picture box to view web cam, it works. But i wan to add another transparent picture box on top with upload a picture transparent background circle . So when i open web cam there is a circle on the web cam. Is that possible? How to make picture box transparent?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I only started learning VB today but when going through an example of how to display a picture i was curious how to also hide it.

the following is what I put together with one button to display the image and another to hide.

To show the image;

PictureBox1.Visible = True

To hide the image;

Extracted from this;

Public Class Picture_example

Private Sub Picture_example_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        PictureBox1.Image = Image.FromFile("C:\Documents and Settings\JJ\Desktop\pcount2.jpg")
    End Sub
    Private Sub Picture_example_2_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
        PictureBox1.Visible = False
    End Sub
End Class

hope it helps

Im not goin to hide it, cause i use picturebox to viewing webcam and i want add a circle when viewing the web cam. so i wan add another picturebox2 on top the web cam picture box. what i can think is the picturebox2 background make it transparent and upload a circle with background transparent .png . but when i viewing the web cam the picturebox2 still there.

I don't Understand You All But i think you could use none picture like this

PictureBox2.BackgroundImage = Nothing

It Still there And Transparent
You Could Upload You png to Image Resource
And When You Want it to Show Again Just

PictureBox2.BackgroundImage = My.Resource.***.png
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.