I hit an overflow error 22053 while retrieve data from oracle database.One of the data type of database is number. After I insert floating point value into data of this data type, overflow error occur while retrieve data from database into datatable. This problem doesn't occured while the data's value are integer, error only prompt while the data are floating point.How to solve this error?

The code below is the command used for query.CURRENT_LIFE_SPAN is number data type and inserted with floating point

SELECT * FROM
			(
			SELECT
				 a.DURABLES_ID AS DurableID
				,a.DURABLES_STATE AS DurableState
				,c.DURABLES_FAMILY_NAME AS DurableFamily
				,b.DURABLES_TYPE_NAME As DurableType
				,a.DURABLES_STATE_DETAILS AS DurableStateDetail
				,a.DURABLE_CONDITION AS Condition
				,a.CURRENT_LIFE_SPAN AS LifeSpanValue
				,a.STORAGE_LOCATION AS StorageLocation
				,a.ATTACHED_EQP_ID AS AttachedEquipmentID
				,a.ATTACHED_PARENT_DURABLE AS AttachedParentID
				,a.TRANSFER_LOCATION AS TransferLocation
				,a.TRANSACTION_BY AS TransactionBy
				,a.TRANSACTION_TIME AS TransactionDate
				,a.LOCATION_TYPE AS LocationType
				,a.LOCATION AS Location
				,a.CONTEXT AS Context
				,a.REMARKS AS Remarks
			FROM EDMS_DURABLES_HISTORY a, EDMS_DURABLES b, EDMS_DURABLES_TYPE c
			WHERE  a.DURABLES_ID = b.DURABLES_ID
			AND b.DURABLES_TYPE_NAME = c.DURABLES_TYPE_NAME
			ORDER BY TRANSACTION_TIME DESC
			)
			WHERE ROWNUM <= 10

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

well, u got the answer with you, it is because you are passing a floating point value to integer u r getting the overflow exception.
check the column in your database, make sure what data type your backend is following, and then also make sure what are you in the text box, also make sure you are converting the same to what data type it is specified in data base.

Thanks, once this is solved, make sure you mark this thread as solved.

I am using datagridview to display data. And, I am using Sqladapter.Fill(dt) command to fill data into datatable. The value return with -1 while execute sql command as above. But while I test this in oracle query, it work properly and return data. Do you know what's problem coming from?

are you sure you tried to insert a floating value to the int column while you wrote the oracle query..?

Ya....The problem solved after I round up the decimal point because the decimal point too long so it occured overflow error. Anyway, thanks for your reply and help^^

its a pleasure, u r welcome...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.