Hello.

I am just starting to learn Python, but I have some basic programming and web coding background.

As my first real Python project, I want to come up with something that manages some basic content on HTML pages. Specifically, I want to come up with a way that I can manage all of the meta description, meta keyword, and title tags on a website by modifying a single file.

Ideally, I would have a text or XML file that would contain all of the title, description, and keyword tags for all of the pages on my site. I could change these tags on every page of my site just by uploading a new text or XML file.

I do a lot of SEO work, and it would be nice if I could find a way to automate the process of updating these tags on my site, so that is the basis for this problem.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone were to point me in the right direction. What is the best way to implement this? How can I have each page read from a different part of an XML file corresponding to that pages URL?

Accepted wisdom in Python circles is not to use xml if it is not forced to you for compatibility with programs or systems out of your control.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.