I am trying to build a scientific calculator. However, I have two major problems.

1. The decimal to separate the tens from the tenth

2. Modulus which outputs the remainder of the division of two numbers.

Remainder = dividend – quotient * divisor;

I can get the rest, but I am having problems on how to input these into programming. If anyone knows how to use this for Visual C++.net, please help. Also, I am using GUI (Graphics User Interface). I am suppose to build a modulus button.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I'm reading your post and I can't really get what the problem is, especially with the decimal.. The reminder you can find using the % operator. More information and details you can find here: http://www.intap.net/~drw/cpp/cpp03_04.htm

I'm reading your post and I can't really get what the problem is, especially with the decimal.. The reminder you can find using the % operator. More information and details you can find here: http://www.intap.net/~drw/cpp/cpp03_04.htm

You know how a calculator has a dot( the period) to create a decimal system. When creating a calculator, how do you make the calculator recognize that the number is a decimal. It has to be more than just a dot coming out, right? The calculations has to recognize that the number is a decimal. I don't know how to put that in C++.

I made the calculator using GUI(Windows application systems). BUt, what do I do to make the decimal come out. LIke 12.25 multiply by 3.74, so that a decimal number comes out.

Also, thanks for the website. So, will C++.net recognize the modulus. So i was thinking like placing

output = op1( input of first number) % op2( input of second number)
textbox1::text-> output.string()

So, should this work. I mean, will it recognize the % as modulus.

Many GUI programs don't recognize input as anything but strings. They validate the string input and then convert the string input into a type that is appropriate for calculations, do the calculations, then display the report again as a string. If that's the way your system works, then there are several options including strtod(), atoi(), stringstreams, sprintf(), etc. to perform the conversions once user has provided original input.

Thanks for the help! I actually got it by another way.

can anybdy help on this question......write a program that uses a for statement to calculate and print the average of several integers. assume the last value read is the sentinel 9999. a typical input sequence might be.

can anybdy help on this question......write a program that uses a for statement to calculate and print the average of several integers. assume the last value read is the sentinel 9999. a typical input sequence might be.

why are you hijacking this thread? create your own new thread. :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.