Hello everybody,
I have developed my software using NetBeans IDE 6.9: very simple, a db on a remote server, a JDBC:ODBC bridge connection in order to access it and everything was working fine, until I was ready to deploy it, and I fell in this problem of 32-64 bits conflict.
I changed the jdbc:odbc connection to the sqljdbc from Microsoft.
the program is accessing the database and reading/writing to it, only in Netbeans. when I build it and try to execute the project.jar file, i always get this exception :

SQL Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

even though I have included the jar file into my project library, and Netbeans classpath, but still, I am facing this problem.
I am using the NetBeans IDE 6.9, and SQL Server 2008 R2 on my remote server.

This is urgent, i have to deploy the software as soon as possible.

thx in advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I typically see a java file error out on class not found when there is no manifest file identify the class with the main method.

I don't follow everything you are doing but maybe your sql code is calling a jar without a manifest.

Mike

The code executes from the jar ok up to the point where it needs the class:
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
Then because it can't find it, the program fails.

You need to put the jar file with the missing class on the class path so the JVM can find the class.

Well guys thank you for your help, but I managed to change the driver to com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLDataSource rather than SQLServerDriver, and it worked.
but thanks n.e ways
Regards,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.