Hi all, Im new to this website, and mostly to any type of programming. Recently Im trying to learn C++(Game Programming), and my father wants me to make him a web-based application, that flashes the window wether there is any sound playing(I believe it's called an audio visualization), I talked to my brother, and he said that I should do an external application in C++ or Java. He lend me a book about GUI with QT, but the problem is I don't know how or where to start with, Im installing the QT, although I dont know how to add a library to Microsoft Visual C++(I tried but I had some problems, hopefully qt will do everything automatically), but I wanted to know if anyone has any advice,suggestion or any help to give me. Im pretty much a beginner, this will be my 1st application ever made(with C++ at least) and Im really scared. Thank you for the time wasted reading this, I know I wrote a lot, but I wanted to be the more descriptive I could.

Thank you beforehand.

For "Web" applications, you definitely want to look into Java/Java Swing/Java Applets. C++ is more for desktop software applications, such as Macromedia Flash, Adobe Photoshop, etc. If you already know C++, your best bet is to look up "Windows Programming, or Win32 tutorials". QT is a bit complicated for a beginning software engineer.

If you want to get started with Windows Programming (a.k.a. Win32 Programming) I would suggest you visit: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/gpgenesis1/

As a final note, applications that are online (on the web) are generally done in java, not C++.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.