Hi it's me again, I want to know how to make a new directory containing my python script. Also, how do I make the new directory containing my python script into the current directory? Just for you to know, I installed the newest version of Python which is Python 2.4.1 msi for Windows XP PRO. Yea this is my first time programming and learning the basics. I'm just simply following this persons way of working with python, I guess. This will give you an idea of what I'm doing. Anyway, you can check it out at: http://www.developer.com/lang/other/article.php/626311

When you go into the site, scroll down to where it says "Where do I put the script file." That's where I'm at right now and I'm trying to figure out a way how to make a directory into my current directory. Is this even necessary for python? Anway, after I settle everything with the directory and stuff, I want to run it with "command prompt." So I can execute my script. So how would I do all of the above. Can you guys guide me through this please? Thanks again.

My regards,
Luxnova

My suggestion would be to read the thread called Starting Python right on this website, particularly the first entry.

To create a subdirectory, Windows uses the term subfolder, you can actually use Python. Let's assume you have a Windows box and have Python installed in in a directory/folder called C:\Python24

Open that directory, find the file Python.exe and doubleclick on it with the mouse. The interactive Python Shell comes up in the form of a black window. At the >>> prompt type
import os
then press enter, at the new >>> prompt type
os.mkdir("C:\\Python24\\Atest")
then press enter, that's it you have now created a subdirectory called Atest

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.