Member Avatar for KatWoman27

I need help on this two assignments:

# 1- Write a client and server, Java Swing application using socket connections that allows the client to specify a filename to the server in a Textfield and the server send the contents of the file back to the client if it exists. If the file does not exist, then it should send back an appropriate error message instead. Submit your zipped NetBeans project with all files, essay, and screenshots demonstrating your code runs. In both the Client and the Server a JTextArea must reflect the messages sent and received in both the client and the server in order to give the user feedback.

# 2- Modify the client server application developed for phase 1 DB1 to allow the client to modify the contents of the file and send it back to the server for storage. The user should be able to edit the file in a JTextArea then click a save changes button to send the file back to the server. Submit your zipped NetBeans project with all files, essay, and screenshots demonstrating your code runs. Your essay should discuss any challenges you encountered including compilation errors, logic errors, or runtime errors you had to resolve. Please post your essay to the DB.

I need help to get this going...

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Do you have a design for the program? The steps it must take to do the job.

Posting the full text of the assignment shows a bit of laziness. Why post this:

Submit your zipped NetBeans project with all files, essay, and screenshots demonstrating your code runs.

At least post what it is we can help you with about writing a java program.

I wrote the instructions for the two assignments I need help with, these two are a GUI design. I need to make the command buttons work. That's what I need the code for. Got a "send" button, an "exit" and for the second assignment I got a "save" button. Both design have Text Areas, and text fields.

I need help with, these two are a GUI design. I need to make the command buttons work. T

To connect code to the press of a button, add an ActionListener to the button. In the action listener put the code to do the require job for the button press.

I know how to do that, but what I need is the code for the action. Thank is the "code" I need help with.

<<Correction>>

I know how to do that, but what I need is the code for the action. That is the "code" I need help with.

Please describe what the 'code for the action' is supposed to do in as much detail as possible.

What have you coded for it?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.