hi
i had develop a simple program using vb.net with ms access
it run with no error on my local
but if i put it on a share network
i face a problem throw out by the system stating the error below
"request for the permission of type 'system.data.oledbpermission,system.data,version=2.0.0.0, culture=neutral,publickeytoken=b77a5c561934e089'failed."
anyone why did tis happen?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I understand that it is a windows forms application. Not a web one.

Do you have checked, in the application properties, security tab, the Enable ClickOnce, then the partial trust application, and calculated the permissions for local intranet? Or just set it as a full trust application?.

Putting the application into a share, for run purposes, is generally not a good idea because the application should be installed on the local PC. The installer registers the assemblies into the local PC GAC (Global Assembly Cache)

The Access database can be put on a share, but you'll need to define the path as trsuted by access on every client. And must have also crete/delete files permission for the access lock management.

Hope this helps

I understand that it is a windows forms application. Not a web one.

Do you have checked, in the application properties, security tab, the Enable ClickOnce, then the partial trust application, and calculated the permissions for local intranet? Or just set it as a full trust application?.

Putting the application into a share, for run purposes, is generally not a good idea because the application should be installed on the local PC. The installer registers the assemblies into the local PC GAC (Global Assembly Cache)

The Access database can be put on a share, but you'll need to define the path as trsuted by access on every client. And must have also crete/delete files permission for the access lock management.

Hope this helps

hi,
followed your suggest to installer the register the assemblies into the local pc and putting the access database on share
it works charm
thanks for it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.