Hi. I was wondering if someone could offer a bit of advice on this. I have made a web server, and everything seems to be done correctly as far as I can tell. It works and loads web pages just fine. The problem is, that when big files are requested from it, the transfers fail after about 2-5 minutes. I was wondering if anyone had any idea why?

The log reads:

Initializing Windows Sockets...
Forwarding port 80...
Starting server...
Waiting for incoming connections...
Socket 1128: Client connected.
Socket 1128: Request received
Socket 1128: Sent response
Socket 1128: Error 64: SendChunk() failed. //WSASend()
Socket 1128: Closing connection - GetQueueCompletionStatus == FALSE

after "Sent Response" which is the response header, the server starts sending chunks of the file...but at after a few minutes WSASend fails with error 64, which is ERROR_NETNAME_DELETED, or "The specified network name is no longer available." which I guess means the the client closed the connection for some reason, probably because of an error. No 0 byte recv is dequeued as it normally is when the browser disconnects gracefully.

if anyone has any idea why this is, it would be much appreciated =)
I'm stumped :icon_neutral:

Finally figured it out...after a week of trouble shooting :icon_rolleyes:
My ISP was cutting it off the transfers.
from Rogers Internet Acceptable Use Policy:

Without limitation, you may not use (or allow anyone else to use) our Services to:

(xvi) operate a server in connection with the Services, including, without limitation, mail, news, file, gopher, telnet, chat, Web, or host configuration servers, multimedia streamers or multi-user interactive forums;

how lame is that? O_o

good news: server works fine =)

edit- called Rogers. They verified that they are cutting me off, and told me that I need a business account to run a web server.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.