I have another post entitled 'understanding wxPython' in which my code runs but fails to build the scroll bars as shown by my python programming book. Note that the code in the book is running on Windows and mine is running on Ubuntu.

I have another post entitled 'understanding wxPython' in which my code runs but fails to build the scroll bars as shown by my python programming book. Note that the code in the book is running on Windows and mine is running on Ubuntu.

I tested this myself, and I can see what you are saying. When running it under Vista, you can see the little grayed-out scrollbars, but you cannot use them.

However, on Ubuntu, there are no scrollbars at all.

I am guessing this is simply due to the OS, not your code. I think your window manager is configured so that scrollbars are not shown unless they are needed, like in your case. Since there is not a long selection of text to display, there is no use in having scrollbars.

If you add text to this widget, I'm thinking it will do the right thing and add scrollbars.

Let me know if this is in fact true. Good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.