I have a continious Form which opens and shows records of people with whatever criteria the user had chosen the screen before. When the form opens it checks which button was pressed and then changes the recordsource of the continious form.

When I try to edit the records it says "Recordset not updateable". I have done everything I can think of, I have change the type of recordset from dbopensnapshot to dbopendynaset.

Any help would be great

Tom

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Paste us your select statement. I think your problem lies there because it seems to be locked.

rs.Open "SELECT....", cnLoad, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic 'might do the trick.

So user selects which option

then the form loads....

Query 1 =......

Query 2 =.....

Query 3 =.....

Query 4 =.....

Query 5 =.....

Query 6 =.....

Query 7 =.....

Query 8 =.....

Query 9 =.....

If [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label17].Visible = True And [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label30].Visible = True Then   'All patients on Mixtard 30
    Me.RecordSource = Query2
ElseIf [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label17].Visible = True And [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label31].Visible = True Then   'All patients not on Mixtard30
    Me.RecordSource = Query3
ElseIf [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label17].Visible = True Then        'All Patients dist & hosp/on & off
    Me.RecordSource = Query1
ElseIf [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label18].Visible = True And [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label26].Visible = True Then    'Hospital Patients not on Mixtard30
    Me.RecordSource = Query4
ElseIf [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label18].Visible = True And [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label25].Visible = True Then    'Hospital Patients on Mixtard30
    Me.RecordSource = Query5
ElseIf [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label18].Visible = True Then    'All Patients in Hospital on & off
    Me.RecordSource = Query6
ElseIf [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label19].Visible = True And [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label28].Visible = True Then    'District Patients not on Mixtard30
    Me.RecordSource = Query7
ElseIf [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label19].Visible = True And [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label27].Visible = True Then    'District Patients on Mixtard30
    Me.RecordSource = Query8
ElseIf [Forms]![Mixtard30Menu]![Label19].Visible = True Then    'All Disctrict patients on & off
    Me.RecordSource = Query9
Else
    MsgBox "Please Choose Criteria"
End If

End Sub

querys are too big to put in here looked a mess

Ok, firstly you are using .Net. I will ask the moderators to move this over to the .Net forum. I am not clued up on .Net, but I'm sure someone there will be able to help out.

>>I will ask the moderators to move this over to the .Net forum

Moved.

Its all done behined a UI from MS Access, I thought it was just vb6?

damn I don't know what im programming in :S

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.