I am looking for a way to create a menu bar with java ive found a few really good programs that basicly wusiwug a menu bar for you but implementation and the trial version only that comes up and blocks your options is annoying. i even willing went to the sites for these credit card in hand and decided to give up and goto be when i saw it cost $100 for what i wanted.

all i want is a simple menu bar with drop down menus.

along with this does anyone know where i can get good turorials on java all the free stuff ive found is junk and though i cant afford much if any price i am willing to dish out a little of money if it truely is a good resource.

anyways thanks a mill i love this site!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Learn the language and you won't need any flashy tools.
And you've obviously not bothered to look at the official tutorials, or you're too dumb to understand them.

You also seem too cheap to want to spend money on learning something so I'll not recommend you any books as you'd just go to the library and put them under the copier instead of buying them.

well i would like to thank you for being a complete tool. second yes i appologize i did realize i posted in the wrong forum and unfortunally im not a mod and cannot delete threads.
and yes i am cheap as cheap as any person in college pay out the teeth for an education.
so thank you again for your highly educational post im sure youll love living in your mothers basement for the rest of your life.

sincerly ME!

I doubt he lives in his mothers basement. J was simply giving you advise because you seem like you don't want to do any work. Anyways, if you want an easy way out, download a copy of coffeecup dhtml menu builder.

thanks ill take a look into that and im not quit sure how i dont look like i want to do any work. i am a full time college student with limited resources and i am willing to learn these things on my own. i have tried a few tutorials that didnt work out for me and i need to find creative ways to accomplish what i need. i said i was willing to pay for things to learn i am not willing to pay $100 for a single menu on a site im putting together to learn from. and if there is a good book and someone recomends it ill take a look at it maybe even at the library i even have a library card! but if its worth the money and worth sitting in my book of walls i will save up for it. its hard to live hand to mouth and want to better yourself.

i do appologize for ranting in my second post but i donot appreciate the way he came out with that in a post where i asked a simple question. even to no longer just suck from this site ive began to try to post help were i can.

but i did post in the wrong spot i do appologize and i will check out your recomendation. just dont jump on people you dont know just because its the internet dosent give you the right to insult people.

Ah, he's not even talking about Java. So he's not only clueless about how to get the information he wants, he's clueless about the programming language he's looking for as well.

Try a JavaSCRIPT site next time kid.

And no, my mother doesn't even have a basement. I passed the stage you're in more than a decade ago, and even at the time I didn't expect people to spoonfeed me complete solutions so I wouldn't have to do my own research and homework.

why do you have to do that i understand the difference between java and dhtml. and if i can do what i want in dhtml then i will be happy. i dont understand why people like you have to come out of no where and turn a forum into a spitting match!
apparently you aswell do not know the answer to my question so im sure your hostility comes from your ignorance. good day sir

Can you show us an example of what you are wanting?

Apparently you don't understand the difference as you're talking about JavaSCRIPT in a Java forum.
And when that's pointed out to you you get agressive, which in my experience is typical for Indian schoolkids trying to steal our jobs after first trying to get us to help them cheat past exams and job interviews.

why do you have to do that i understand the difference between java and dhtml. and if i can do what i want in dhtml then i will be happy. i dont understand why people like you have to come out of no where and turn a forum into a spitting match!
apparently you aswell do not know the answer to my question so im sure your hostility comes from your ignorance. good day sir

If you knew what DHTML was then you wouldn't have started this topic. Download coffecup menu builder and stop complaining.

http://www.softforall.com/WebAuthoring/WebDesignUtilities/CoffeeCup_Free_DHTML_Menu_Builder10070031.htm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.