Hi
Droopy doesn't work on my Linux's distro with python 3.1 (with python 2.x everything was ok). (here you can find droopy http://stackp.online.fr/?p=28)
I've used this command 2to3 -w droopy and changed alot u" in " , in Translations section
But now there is another problem

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/bin/droopy", line 770, in <module>
    config_found = load_options()
  File "/bin/droopy", line 692, in load_options
    for line in f.readlines()]
  File "/bin/droopy", line 692, in <listcomp>
    for line in f.readlines()]
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'

I don't know how to solve it.
Can somebody help me, to use this beautiful script?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Why do you need to run it with python 3 ? Doesn't your linux system have a python 2 version ?

Hi Gribouillis
thanks for your intervention (I saw your answer just now, guilt spam)
I use Archlinux is a very up to date distro, and it's use python 3.1.2-2 .
It's too difficult to find a solution of this problem?
Or do you know others similar script, without using apache (with php, it's not possible to upload files up 2GB and out of webroot), for a local pc to receive files on my desktop from somewhere with a uploader (webpage) like droopy?

Thanks

byee

Hi Gribouillis
thanks for your intervention (I saw your answer just now, guilt spam)
I use Archlinux is a very up to date distro, and it's use python 3.1.2-2 .
It's too difficult to find a solution of this problem?
Or do you know others similar script, without using apache (with php, it's not possible to upload files up 2GB and out of webroot), for a local pc to receive files on my desktop from somewhere with a uploader (webpage) like droopy?

Thanks

byee

On the archlinux site, I see that there is a package python2. You could simply install this package, which would give you a version of python2 on your system and run droopy with this python. You can have several versions of python on the same system.

Hi Gribouillis
I've solved with your suggestion

$ python2 /usr/bin/droopy

I didn't know that it's possible to have several versions of python on the same system.
Thanks Gribouillis

bye

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.