i want to create a menu.
if i press the menuitem,then a certain action will occure.. and so on...
give the details please...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

There's this web site called google that you should check out. It's pretty cool, you type in a phrase and it goes out and gives you absolutely loads of links to pages that talk about that. Some of the pages they link to are actually pretty good. And they even suggest things to search for - like if you type in "java menu" it'll suggest "java menu example" and then there's a rake of people with examples of how to build menus in java.

It's awesome, you should try it.

[/sarcasm mode]

Seriously, man - do show a little initiative. Go do some reading and try to figure it out, and come back with questions and you'll find there are a lot of people happy to help you out - if you have specific questions about things that you've tried and you don't understand.

i want to create a menu.
if i press the menuitem,then a certain action will occure.. and so on...
give the details please...

What you ask has been done so many times in this forum. Do some little searching. Also you should give it a try. It is not that difficult to print the menu with System.out.println and use if statements. All you need is the code for reading input which can be found again by searching this forum

put some widgets into a JFrame, add action listeners, when u click, an action event will be generated which will be handled by the actionPerformed method where u can do what u want. but since you asked such a silly question w/o googling up first, i dont think this answer will mean much to you..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.