Well, I know that for this I need a graphic library but which one do you recommend?

I'm working on Windows, with VISUAL C++, and I know I can use windows libraries, or something, but there are a few problems with that (Mainly that I don't wanna use them).

Also, I would like to be able to port my project to Linux, once it's finished. Something that I see really hard, if I start using "windows.h".

This is the code I'm working on Right now:

#include <iostream>
#include <stdio.h>
#include "cv.h"
#include "highgui.h"

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{

/* data structure for the image */
       IplImage *img = 0;

/* Create window */
    cvNamedWindow( "Imagen", CV_WINDOW_AUTOSIZE );

/* Resize Window*/
	cvResizeWindow( "Imagen", /*widht/ancho= */ 700, /*height/largo= */ 500 );

[B] /* Create a button?!? and when the button is pressed, load the image:
              img = cvLoadImage( ImgToLoad.jpg, CV_LOAD_IMAGE_COLOR ); */[/B]

/* Wait for any key to be pressed */
	cvWaitKey(0);

/* Destroy the window */
          cvDestroyWindow( "Imagen" );
          cvReleaseImage( &img );
	return 0;
}

If you run it, you'll see that it just creates an empty window, what I wanna do is to create a button, that when you press it, it shows the image. I know how to do that, I just need to know how to create the button.

P.D. BTW, I'm using the Opencv library
P.D.2 sorry for my terrible English, but I'm not american

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Look at QT, it is a cross platform UI 'framework'

Well you can use Qt.

http://qt.nokia.com/products/

You can configure VS for Qt.

If it is just a single push button, i suggest you create a small rectangular box with a label on it that says "Press" or something like that. i mean would you like to use an entire framework/library for just a single button?

@theLamb
Oops, didn't see your reply.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.