I'm using VS 2010 and I don't have CrystalReportViewer in my toolbox. under Reports I only have "pointer" and "ReportViewer". after I clicked on "show all" I see the CrystalReportViewer and few other new things but it's not clickable (gray)
I checked on the web and I found this answer "You have to change the target framework for the project (Project>Properties in C#). By default, new WinForm/WPF projects will target the “4.0 Client Profile”…you need to change that to the full “4.0 Framework”. Then the viewer will appear." but I don't understand how to do that. I'm adding a screencap of what I see. (I don't know if that's what they meant but in new project window it says “4.0 Framework" by default)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

downloaded & installed it 3 times.. same result.
I can create it through project-add-new item-crystal report
but I don't have crystalReportViewer in toolbox

ANY advice would be great!

Well...with some help... not from this forum, I found out the solution! So for people who might have the same problem in the future and find this thread:
THE SOLUTION IS:
Right-click on your project (in solution explorer)
Properties->
Application tab->
set the "target framework:" to ".NET Framework 3.5 Client Profile"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.