Well, I first made a topic about JDK commands not inputting, but fixed it now. I usually do my work in class when it comes to textpad - java, but right now, working at home.

Here's my problem - I can't get it to compile. It gives me an error "Unexpected and Unrecoverable error. Would you like it saved in a diagnostic file?". If I click yes, it just dumps into a temp file. If I click no, it just trying to find solution, but no avail and shuts itself down from textpad.

I already contacted textpad support through email, but might as well post here, as one might have the same problem and solved it. Once I can get this compile error fix, I can do my java work. If not, i'll have to show up on class and do it on their computers. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

1. Post the code you actually trying to compile (just to make sure you are not having some errors in it)
2. Post your Java installation details (Java version, where installed, your path value)

Well, I first made a topic about JDK commands not inputting, but fixed it now. I usually do my work in class when it comes to textpad - java, but right now, working at home.

Here's my problem - I can't get it to compile. It gives me an error "Unexpected and Unrecoverable error. Would you like it saved in a diagnostic file?". If I click yes, it just dumps into a temp file. If I click no, it just trying to find solution, but no avail and shuts itself down from textpad.

I already contacted textpad support through email, but might as well post here, as one might have the same problem and solved it. Once I can get this compile error fix, I can do my java work. If not, i'll have to show up on class and do it on their computers. Thanks.

Heya, just solved it. :) I had to change the compatability mode to service pack 3 xp I believe.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.