Hi there! And Thanks for your help.-
I've installed VB 5 Enterprise edition, and amn trying to begin self-guided studies of this language. When trying to use "Microsoft Common Dialog Control 5.0", as told in a book, cannot find it -> CTRL + T and Componets. Instead, have a "Microsoft Commond Dialog Control 6.0 (SP6)". I can add it to the tool box, but when using it in a form, I recieve this error messaje, saying I don't have the appropiate license to use it in programming enviroment.
Can anyone help me? By the way, the book I have explains VB 5 ussage.-

Thankful I am!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I am not very sure what is the cause of the error.

That version of VB is gone from my system long long back

Try upgrading to VB 6..

Hey! Thanks for your help!
I came across a solution, an exe fix, which I found on Microsoft. Now the control works!
I would, but the book teaches how to use VB 5, a friend of mine is the version that uses, and realy am no that skillful to look forward to a later version. Might I learn a bit more, and change it.-

Oh, the page is
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=181854&sd=msdn
It´s in spanish for whom it may concern. Hope it´s useful as it was for me, and can help this comunity.-

Thanks again!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.