Is there a program where i can launch a website, click on a button or textfield and it will give me the getElementByID? I searched around for this and i have found nothing? Why doesn't this exist?

I am writing a program that will enter information into a copiers web interface for scanning. The problem is the copier's web interface uses Java and XML. I cannot get my program to enter the information into the apprioate field because i cant find the tag to reference it!!! its very annoying, this is the last stage to my program.

Please help :(

See if this helps.

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        WebBrowser1.Navigate("http://google.com")
    End Sub

Private Sub WebBrowser1_DocumentCompleted(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs) Handles WebBrowser1.DocumentCompleted
        AddHandler WebBrowser1.Document.Click, AddressOf getClickedElement '// Add .Click Event.
    End Sub

Private Sub getClickedElement(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As HtmlElementEventArgs)
        With WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementFromPoint(e.ClientMousePosition)
            Dim selectedHtmlElement_ID As String = .GetAttribute("id").ToLower
            Dim selectedHtmlElement_NAME As String = .GetAttribute("name").ToLower
            '// Results for ID and Name.
            Me.Text = "ID: " & selectedHtmlElement_ID & vbNewLine & " --- Name: " & selectedHtmlElement_NAME
        End With
    End Sub
End Class
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.