Dev-cpp 4.9.9.2
Windows 7

Hello I have been using my current version for quit a while and I restarted my computer today and now no matter what I try to compile I always get the return of:

Compiler: Default compiler
Executing  g++.exe...
g++.exe "C:\Users\Salica\Documents\Cpp\hello.cpp" -o "C:\Users\Salica\Documents\Cpp\hello.exe"    -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\include"  -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\backward"  -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\mingw32"  -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2"  -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include"   -L"C:\Dev-Cpp\lib" 
collect2: cannot find `ld'

Execution terminated

Any help would be apreciated

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

ld is the programme that links your object files together. It's either been deleted, or you're looking in the wrong place for it.

No i just double checked and my linker is linking C:\Dev-Cpp\Bin like it is sappose to however i am still getting this same error any help?

Is the linker actually in that directory?

That is correct

Then whatever is trying to call ld is not looking in the right place. You could prove this by manually running the linker on your compiled object files.

I aint ganna lie. I have no clue how to attempt this I have read about it online but every time i attempt to i fail miserably.

I aint ganna lie. I have no clue how to attempt this I have read about it online but every time i attempt to i fail miserably.

I would delete the compiler/IDE and then reinstall it.

Even better, delete it and then install something better than Dev-C++

lol ok you tell me something better but give no examples.

Yea i will just reinstall i was hoping to refrain from doing that cuz its annoying to try and download the exe agian since i have it back at home.

and if you can give me an example of somthing better than i will take a look at it.

Hi guys,
i am experiencing the same problem as @Rallici. I have followed the entire discussion, am working on code blocks. Initially there was no problem, then i linked libws2_32.a and even though it compiled for some time with no problem, but then it started giving me the error collect2: cannot find `ld'.
I have reinstalled codeblocks, ld.bfd.exe is present in mingw, however the problem persists.

PLease help. I am new to programming on windows,ubuntu was much more comfy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.