I'm extremely confused using external graphics sources such as OpenGL or DirectX or even Windows API to do such simple tasks. I want to be able to take a step forward and learn how to draw a bitmap or such on to a window. Thing is I have not a single clue on how to do that, but I'm not a noob.

I know how to use lots of C++'s hard functions and to its near fullest and even Windows minimally. But uploading images I have not a clue on where to begin.

I want to show a certain file from the hard drive in to a window or 3D images and such.

Any...um....help?

PS: I can draw a window, write text in to it and such but have no idea at ALL on how to show a picture from, suffice to say, any where or any way.

I would REALLY appreciate if any one gave some sort of idea on how I can do this in a way I can understand it effectively. Most people do not explain well on how it works and what to do with this kind of stuff.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.