Im having trouble with gtk open file dialog it will open the first time but after i closed it i cant reopen it
Ive tried casting it as different objects but i cant seem to fix it.
After attempting to reopen the dialog box it spits out gtk_dialog_run: assertion 'GTK_IS_DIALOG (dialog)' failed.

//im pretty sure my problem is with one of these lines
dialog=gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new("open",GTK_WINDOW(window),GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_OPEN,"blah","blah","blah","blah",NULL);
g_signal_connect(button,"clicked",G_CALLBACK(gtk_dialog_run),GTK_OBJECTS(dialog));

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

anyone have any idea what could be the problem all im trying to do is get the open file dialog to open when i click a button ive searched and tried everything i know and it opens up the first time but after the first time it spits out gtk_dialog_run:assertion 'GTK_IS_DIALOG(dialog)' failed in terminal any help would be appreciated

has anyone ever actually used gtk on here ? surely at least one person has?

I have not used it even once. All I know in GUI world is wxWidgets
So sorry cannot help

Thanks for the second link going over it now.

i looked at the zetcode page yesterday wasn't of any use to me :(

I would switch to wxWidgets but for the sake of simplicity(and ive already learned quite a bit

about GTK) I will try to stick to GTK.

Although i might give wxWidgets another spin(i used it once before but that was when i started

coding around 2 years ago but back then i was nowhere near where im at now i can barely fathom that

i got this far(mostly terminal code but still some of the concepts I have picked up just from

reading source in the past 5 weeks is just amazing)). By the way nice avatar :P

still need some help but i got remoted on ubuntu so .... :( i no longer have all my code :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.