Hey Every1..
Plz Tell me how can i access The Value In form1 in form2...
Well i meant In Form1 theres an object named NUM in which i have Stored Few values Now i want to use this Object NUM in form2 so that i can display its value in Form2.. ima unable to access it in form2..
Can Any 1 tell me How to Access it ... Its an VB.net Project!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You can assign the Form1 value to a Form2 value by this:

Form 1

Private Class Form1
Private myCoolForm1Value As Integer = 6
End Class

Form 2, one Button

Private Class Form2
Private myCoolForm2Value As Integer

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
myCoolForm2Value = Form1.myCoolForm1Value
MsgBox(myCoolForm2Value)
End Sub
End Class

See if this helps.

Hi,

You can write Public get set property for that NUM and access

Oh, nice to remember Pgmer.
The variable needs to be public.

So, my correct code will be:

Private Class Form1
Public myCoolForm1Value As Integer = 6
End Class
Private Class Form2
Public myCoolForm2Value As Integer 'you only need to set this to public if you're going to use it later on another form

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
myCoolForm2Value = Form1.myCoolForm1Value
MsgBox(myCoolForm2Value)
End Sub
End Class

hi i have a similar problem.
i want the user to enter a value in a textbox in form1 and that value to be accessible in form2
this is my code
Form1

Public Class Form1

Public var As Integer

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        var = TextBox1.Text

End Sub

Form2.Show()

End Sub
End Class

and FORM2

Public Class Form2

Public var2 As Integer

Private Sub Form2_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

var2 = Form1.var

End Sub

MsgBox(var2)
    End Sub
End Class

Please tell me where i'm going wrong as the message box displays 0.

>>Please tell me where i'm going wrong as the message box displays 0.

var = TextBox1.Text
        Form2.Show()
    End Sub

For future references @Kui, start you own thread for your "own" questions. Thanks.

Private Sub Form2_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Form1.Textbox1.text = textbox1.text

End Sub
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.