I have an odd issue. The company I work for has old databases that were built in Access '97. They've since upgraded to Access 2003, 2007 of course, and are in the process of upgrading to 2010, but a couple of databases still only work in '97.

I'm tasked with trying to find a way to make sure the database is only opened in Access '97. I can easily open up an instance of Microsoft Access using VB and I know how to check which version is open in the code as well, but I'm wondering if there is a way to specify which version I need to open in the code. I'm using Visual Studio 2010 and would be willing to use C# or C++ if it's "easier to do"/"only possible" in one of those languages. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to bump this once in the hopes that someone helps in the next day or so If no one does, I'll let it go.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.