Hi, my homework problem is to convert minutes into hours AND minutes

ex.
124 minutes = 2 hour(s) and 4 minute(s) (there will be some if statements for plurals of hours and minutes if possible)

This is my code so far but I'm getting an error

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int Convert(int);
int remainder;
int main ()
{
	int minutes;
	int convert_to_hours;
	int remainder;

cout << "This program converts minutes to hours and minutes. " << endl;
	cout << "Please enter a number of minutes (an integer) to be converted:" << endl;
	cin >> minutes;
	convert_to_hours = Convert(minutes);
	if (convert_to_hours > 1)
	cout << minutes << " mintes equal to " << convert_to_hours << " hours ";
	else
	cout << minutes << " mintes equal to " << convert_to_hours << " hour ";
	if (remainder > 1)
	cout << "and " << remainder << "minutes." << endl;
	else	
	cout << "and " << remainder << "minute." << endl;	
	return 0;
}

int Convert(int minutes)
{
	int convert_to_hours;
	convert_to_hours = minutes / 60;
	return convert_to_hours;
}

int Convert(int remainder)
{
	int remainder;
	remainder = minutes % 60;
	return remainder;
}

Thank you so much if anyone can help, I'm stuck on this for 7 hours.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Error #1- You didn't use CODE Tags
Error #2- You didn't bother to tell us what the error you're talking about is. This isn't the Psychic Homework Help Desk.

you have 2 functions that are named the same and take the same argument.

I'm sorry I thought you would use my code to see the error for yourself first hand.

Error is that Convert(int) already has a body.
I think it's because I'm trying to give it 2 commands (for finding hours and finding remainder).

I've tried to do Convert(int convert_to_hours, int remainder) to give it another body but it just leads to more errors.

I'm sorry I thought you would use my code to see the error for yourself first hand.

Why?
it's so much faster for you to tell us than for us to create a project, add your code, and compile. And I for one have many other posts to look at.

Error is that Convert(int) already has a body.
I think it's because I'm trying to give it 2 commands (for finding hours and finding remainder).

Yes. What does Convert() do? Why not give the functions names that makes sense? Neither Convert() function really converts.

Why?
it's so much faster for you to tell us than for us to create a project, add your code, and compile. And I for one have many other posts to look at.

Yes. What does Convert() do? Why not give the functions names that makes sense? Neither Convert() function really converts.

Ah thanks, that actually fixed my problem 100%.

And sorry about the trouble, I'm just trying what I think is easiest for us all.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.