Please could someone help me with this one? I have developed a small application to call several powerpoint presentations. The user will enter the powerpoint number and the powerpoint will be shown in Viewshow form. However this is not the case. The powerpoints are showing in the normal powerpoint form where the users can edit the texts in the presentation even though the powerpoint presentation are saved as viewshow. Please help with the code to display powerpoint in VIEWSHOW form:(;(If this is displayed in a form is fine, part my working code is as shown below;

Imports PowerPoint = Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint
Imports Office = Microsoft.Office.Core
Imports Graph = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Graph

Public Class frmTest    
    Public Sub SelectCase()
        Select Case txtNumberEntery.Text
            Case 1
                System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("Powerpnt.exe", "C:\Test\1.pps")
                txtNumberEntery.Text = ""
                txtNumberEntery.Focus()
            Case 2
                System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("Powerpnt.exe", "C:\Test\2.pps")
                txtNumberEntery.Focus()
            Case 3
                System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("Powerpnt.exe", "C:\Test\3.pps")
                txtNumberEntery.Focus()
            Case 4
Case Else
                MessageBox.Show("Entered is invalid. ", "Invalid Option!")
                txtNumberEntery.Clear()
                txtNumberEntery.Focus()
        End Select
    End Sub

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi,

To view your powerpoint presentations into your application, without to open Powerpoint Office. You need a Powerpoint Viewer ActiveX control for that.
You can download one, here.
I hope it helps for you.

Hi,

To view your powerpoint presentations into your application, without to open Powerpoint Office. You need a Powerpoint Viewer ActiveX control for that.
You can download one, here.
I hope it helps for you.

Hi Luc001,

Thanks very much. I will follow your advice and do that. Could I be able to package this with the application so that all PC that installs the application will view the PP in viewshow? My sincere apology if it sounds that stupid?

Hi,

If you'll using this Powerpointviewer ActiveXcontrol then it's like any other control in your application.

Hi,

If you'll using this Powerpointviewer ActiveXcontrol then it's like any other control in your application.

Thank you very much Luc100.

I tried using ActiveX Control and the ppt is showing on the form. However, my application is to call up songs on Powerpoint Viewshow. The one showing in the Application is small thus I would prefer if it can directly do a PP Viewshow instead of showing on the form.

Is there any way like showing the PP Viewshow on a Primary Output (E.g. Projector) and the secondary output on the PC/laptop? If so could you help with the code in line to the above code? My application is similar to this one http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/msgs/71/359377.aspx but I could not see the codes.

Thanks in advance.

I found out that the above code will work just fine if the author removes the "PowerPnt.exe" from each line. That's all. Hope it is not too late.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.