Im using Visual Basic not VB.net. well whats the difference by the way lol?......and already an assignment...

Ohh,

may be i took too long to type the previous post.

and see what the OP has.

he nicely made the expert do his assignment

and the 1st line of code confirms he has copied it from some where is not his own code.

@Debasidas, All I know I have a streamreader code...but dont know how to implement it as search box. Im new in Visual Basic, its only 2 weeks im doing this, of course i WILL NOT KNOW DIFFICULT CODING! All I have successfully done as a newbie is a login form, an interface to add items. But on this search feature, i dont know! im trying my best but in vain. if i would know, i would not seek help man!

@Debasidas, its the code of AndreRet man!

commented: don't show atitude here. -2

May be the expert now will start writing code again in .net and supply

I don't think so...:)

It pees me off to see this, almost an hours work of posting, all for nothing! I WILL insist on code from now on, unless some effort was shown!;)

Private Sub btnSearch_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSearch.Click

'THIS PART WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE SO IN VB6

Private Sub btnSearch_Click()

:) :) :)

Now see the attitude.

@Bunnyalli2011, please mark this as solved because the question was answered in vb6. Please open a new thread in vb.net, I'll see you there, just pm me that the new one is open.:)

You want the code of streamreader I made? here it is below as all of you think Im not doing anything! :s

Imports system.IO
Public Class Form1

Private Sub btnSearch_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSearch.Click
        Dim textfilestream As System.IO.TextReader
        textfilestream = System.IO.File.OpenText("c:\test.txt")
        Dim filecontent As String = textfilestream.readtoend
        textfilestream.close()
        txttext1.Text = filecontent

End Sub
End Class

That's all I know but when I click on search button, it is giving me all what i have written on my text file in the drive C. THE PROBLEM HERE IS I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE A SEARCH TEXTBOX, WHERE THE USER WILL PUT SOME WORDS, AND THE QUERY WILL READ FROM THE TEXT FILE IN THE DRIVE C, AND THE RESULTS WILL APPEAR ON THE MULTILINE TEXTBOX!

I'm not thinking that you are not doing anything, relax and breath.:)

As I said, mark this solved, I'll see you on the .net forum. Just pm me that you have opened a new thread there.:)

You do not know the difference between VB 6 and dot net code and claim this code is yours.

Its the code our teacher gave us man! And this simple code is everywhere by the way on the net! You are complaining as if the code is yours! you are good in programming, instead of helping newbies, you are complaining as you are the creator of visual basic!

@bunnyali2011:

I strongly suggest you keep your tone down a bit. Everyone here is trying to help you and all you do is SCREAM IN THEIR FACES and be aggressive in general.
Be aware that you only need one more strike before you're out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.