Hello, I learned about vectors. And when I was debugging my project using vecors I peeked at the vector class member functions and non member functions and I thought wow where did all this come from. Who did this. I understand since im a novice that it can appear intimidating, but even some of my professors couldn't make sence of some.

I was wondering how deep an average programmers knowledge has to be to be good with c++. Do most just take for granted that these templates work and dont ask questions. Any good books on common #includes to know.

I was wondering how deep an average programmers knowledge has to be to be good with c++. Do most just take for granted that these templates work and dont ask questions.

IMO, a good programmer must be trained to trust the interface. Design to the interface. Work with the interface. Sometimes knowing too much will do you more damage because it will confuse your use of the interface.

That said, it ain't an easy thing to do.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.