For all the above functions i get "`*****' was not declared in this scope".
I searched days for an answer to find out what am i doing wrong, and what do i have to do to make it work, but all i could find, peaople saying: it depends on the os, compiler, etc
So i will tell you what i'm using: Windows XP SP3, VS 2005 and sometimes wxDev-C++
I'm sure this can be fixed, but i don't know it how, because there are no proper answers to this, only a BUNCH of questions.

If the above functions aren't good, and that's why they are so hard to use, then please tell me how can i replace them, but not with 10 lines of code...

Please write a proper answer, so anyone with the same problem can find it here.
Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

all i could find, peaople saying: it depends on the os, compiler, etc

When you rely on compiler-specific features, that's the correct answer.

For textcolor(), the portable replacement (for Windows platforms) is SetConsoleTextAttribute(). For delay() and sleep() the portable replacement (also for Windows) is Sleep().

Please write a proper answer, so anyone with the same problem can find it here.

Apparently your days of searching for an answer didn't include the search feature on Daniweb. Your question has been asked and satisfactorily answered countless times.

include<stdio.h>
include<conio.h>
include<string.h>

int main()

char *str="dokuz eylül imyo";
for(int i=0;i<strlen(str);i++)
if(str[i]=='k')

textcolor(14);cprintf("%c-%d\n\r",str[i]-32,i+1);

else

printf("%c\r\n",str[i]);

'Textcolor' was not declared in this scope gives a fault.

help me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.