I have a finished program that I want to deploy to another computer. My professors told me an installer is required, so I tried my best to research, and came up with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcue0jo41AM

That was a tutorial video, (he used Visual Studio 2008) and I tried to follow it as best as I could. However, the problem was that the tutorial only showed a basic program, and my program requires a folder named App_Data and all the files inside. It was in my bin/Debug folder, so I just assumed I could add it to my setup, along with the Project Output.

The installer did its job, however when trying to run my program, it won't start, and returns the following error:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: autoveyorinventory.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4dd114d1
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4a275af7
Problem Signature 07: 344b
Problem Signature 08: 15a
Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 13321

I am using Windows 7, 32-bit. Tried running it as Administrator, but it still crashed. I also used Crystal Reports on my program, but from what I understood, I can install and run the program fine without it, and only the parts that require the Crystal Report won't work.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'd just like to add something:

Debugging the program in C# yields me a System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Add the files in the App_Data by adding as the file, Don't add as project output

Great! Thanks, samueal.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.