I want to make a project on Audio Fingerprinting.
There will be recorded file preferably .wav, that will be matched with all the audio files present in a song database and will return the best match.
First I wish to try this on my own computer, then I will try to connect to the song database that is on another computer.
I do not know how begin ???
Please help !
:)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Do you know how to program in C#?
Do you know how to use a database?
Do you know how to create an audio 'fingerprint'?

What to say ????? First you have to make the database then make a c# application and take the new file from user and match it with the one in database ..... But are aware you of the difficulties in matching 2 audio files in c#????
I will not prefer c# for such a work it will be a collaborative work of MATLAB and C#.... Can you program in MATLAB and C#?

commented: Continuous help :) +3

What to say ????? First you have to make the database then make a c# application and take the new file from user and match it with the one in database ..... But are aware you of the difficulties in matching 2 audio files in c#????
I will not prefer c# for such a work it will be a collaborative work of MATLAB and C#.... Can you program in MATLAB and C#?

Thank you for your suggestion .....
I will now definitely use Matlab-C# interface.
'cause I think finding the fourier transform of the .wav file will be tedious job through C#.

yes you are right and it is much more easier in MATLAB i have recently made a voice recognition system in matlab and it was much easier than that of in C#....

Please Mark this thread as solved

hey. i was reading through your post. Could some explain how matlab works. I am trying to do a similar project, but it does not involve matching songs, but matching the sounds that are already recorded and stored in the database. Please help. Urgent!

Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.